On-campus Interviewing : Cancellation and Missed Interview Policy
If you must miss an interview, you are required to cancel it in advance. When you fail to cancel your interviews in a timely fashion or do not appear for your interviews, your actions reflect poorly on you as an individual and on the University as a whole. Not only do you inconvenience the employer, but you may also deprive another student of a valuable interview opportunity. These situations, if unchecked may also have more serious implications on the University's relationships with employers overall.
Therefore, the Center for Career Opportunities treats these incidents very seriously and advises you to take special note of the following Cancellation and Missed Interview Policy.
Interview Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations will NOT be accepted via email or voice mail.
- Students must appear in person in Young 132 to complete paper work before an interview can be cancelled
- Students are required to give three business days or 72 hours notice to cancel an interview.
- Always investigate an alternate date with the employer before you cancel an interview.
- It is your responsibility to speak personally with the employer representative and explain why you will not be attending the interview. Be aware, however that the employer may still report you to the CCO.
- If you cancel an appointment directly with an employer, remember to also contact the CCO.
- Regional Campus Students ( Purdue Calumet, IUPUI, Purdue North Central and IUPU Ft Wayne ) are required to work through their Regional Career Services office to cancel interviews. The Regional Campus Liaison will forward the information regarding the cancellation.
In the event of sudden illness or serious personal emergency on interview day
- Students are expected to contact the CCO (765)494-3981 prior to their interview time. Employers check-in between 8 and 8:30 AM and should be notified prior to that time.
Employers typically are not in the office on weekends. Monday appointments should be cancelled no later than Friday morning.
If you miss an interview:
- Your myCCO account will be locked.
- You will receive an e-mail from CCO with instructions to come to Young 132 immediately to resolve this matter.
- You will be required to meet with a walk-in counselor and discuss the reason you missed the business appointment to which you committed.
- The discussion and your reason for missing the interview will determine whether or not your file will be reactivated and if you will have the opportunity to use myCCO in the future.
You are directed to attend all previously scheduled interview appointments. Any additional missed interviews could be cause for permanently barring you from interviewing through the CCO.