APPLY YOUR BRAND VIRTUALLY
Explore the social media platforms below to figure out how you can effectively display your PERSONAL BRAND and impress potential employers.
Learn how to build a profile, network and search for opportunities at LinkedIn for Students if you’re just getting started.
- Build your profile by including all of your resume content. According to LinkedIn, members with complete profiles are 40x MORE LIKELY to receive opportunities!
- Incorporate your personal brand by creating a catchy headline, relevant keywords, skills, and accomplishments.
- Use a profile picture that shows professionalism.
- Join GROUPS relevant to your field and contribute to the conversation.
- Reach out to alumni who are at companies you’d like to work for or are in fields that interest you to see if they would be willing to provide advice.
- Follow COMPANY PAGES and get up-to-date info on the companies you’re applying to. You will IMPRESS them in the interview when they see you’ve done your research!
- Share content related to your field on your profile so employers can see how passionate and up-to-date you are.
- Take advantage of the Job Search tool for internships and full-time opportunities.
NEED LINKEDIN GUIDANCE? Feel free to visit the CCO during Drop-Ins from 10-4, Monday-Friday for a LinkedIn profile critique.
- Display your PERSONAL BRAND by creating a creative twitter handle including a combination of your name, unique skills or profession.
- Include an appropriate profile picture.
- Put a link to your résumé in your bio and don’t tweet anything you don’t want a recruiter to read.
- Show knowledge and interest in your field by tweeting and retweeting links to relevant articles and jobs.
- Gain INFORMATION about your field by following industries, organizations and prominent employees.
- Re-tweet, reply and direct message to establish connections.
- Use hashtags to your advantage by searching hashtags related to your industry. Remember to save your promising searches.
- Search for JOBS by location, job titles, hashtags or social recruiting resources.
FIND OUT WHAT YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS SAY ABOUT YOU
In today's interconnected world, more information is being shared openly on the web. Social media companies have changed the way people meet, connect and share information with others. This information is being used by colleges, employers, prospective partners, and others to learn more about you.
What does what you say online say about you? Diligence Lab can help answer that question by using advanced Natural Language Processing algorithms and the power of IBM Watson. By analyzing your postings on social media, you can get a sense of what other people see when they look at your online presence.
Create an account to start by clicking HERE.