APPLY YOUR BRAND VIRTUALLY
Explore the social media platforms below to figure out how you can effectively display your PERSONAL BRAND and impress potential employers.
Learn how to build a profile, network and search for opportunities at LinkedIn for Students if you’re just getting started.
- Build your profile by including all of your resume content. According to LinkedIn, members with complete profiles are 40x MORE LIKELY to receive opportunities!
- Incorporate your personal brand by creating a catchy headline, relevant keywords, skills, and accomplishments.
- Use a profile picture that shows professionalism.
- Join GROUPS relevant to your field and contribute to the conversation.
- Reach out to alumni who are at companies you’d like to work for or are in fields that interest you to see if they would be willing to provide advice.
- Follow COMPANY PAGES and get up-to-date info on the companies you’re applying to. You will IMPRESS them in the interview when they see you’ve done your research!
- Share content related to your field on your profile so employers can see how passionate and up-to-date you are.
- Take advantage of the Job Search tool for internships and full-time opportunities.
NEED LINKEDIN GUIDANCE? Make a CCO/Quick Chat appointment for help with creating or reviewing a LinkedIn profile.
- Display your PERSONAL BRAND by creating a creative twitter handle including a combination of your name, unique skills or profession.
- Include an appropriate profile picture.
- Put a link to your résumé in your bio and don’t tweet anything you don’t want a recruiter to read.
- Show knowledge and interest in your field by tweeting and retweeting links to relevant articles and jobs.
- Gain INFORMATION about your field by following industries, organizations and prominent employees.
- Re-tweet, reply and direct message to establish connections.
- Use hashtags to your advantage by searching hashtags related to your industry. Remember to save your promising searches.
- Search for JOBS by location, job titles, hashtags or social recruiting resources.