START WITH RESEARCH
You already have a resume, so now it’s time to learn more about the company and their needs in order to write your COVER LETTER.
RESEARCH THE COMPANY
- Explore a company’s mission statement and goals by checking out the company website.
- Make use of LinkedIn company pages to gain information on what is going on in that company and their latest achievements.
- Visit the conduct company research tab for more info on how to make the most of company research.
ANALYZE THE JOB DESCRIPTION
- Read the job description thoroughly and highlight the required qualifications and job responsibilities.
- Contemplate how your experiences, skills and coursework translate over to what the company needs.
- Avoid focusing on yourself. The company doesn’t want to know what you’ll gain from working for them. They want to know what you can do for them.